I didn't update the blog yesterday, and it's not just because I forgot (which I did, but that's another matter). Yesterday we did nothing but drive really, we didn't stop to get out and look at anything on the way to Houston from New Orleans, so there was nothing particularly interesting to talk about in my blog yesterday. Today however, we went to NASA, and had quite an enjoyable day there.
When we arrived we first decided to go on the tram tour, which took us first to the building and the room where the original mission control was, of the apollo missions all the way to some of the space shuttle missions, which only ended recently. We then went to the Astronaut training facility, to see many of the training modules and mock-ups used by Astronauts to simulate life and work in space, and on board the International Space Station (ISS), we next went to a massive hanger where one of the Saturn V rockets was housed, these rockets were used on the Apollo missions, from Apollo 11 all the way to the final moon landing, Apollo 17.
When we got back to the main area we looked around the museum with many artifacts and even some moon rock samples from different missions, and watched a short film about all of the missions NASA has undertaken, such as Skylab and the most recent Endeavor missions. It certainly was an entertaining and interesting day today, and I look forward to going on to San Antonio tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment