Sunday, 7 October 2012
All good things must come to an end
Vegas really has everything, whether it's Jack Sparrow casually checking his phone, or two playboy bunnies taking money for photos, you can see it at Vegas. But both are far from the best thing you could see if you came to town, the best thing you could see is Cirque Du Soleil's "Love". The show is done to the music of The Beatles, and if that didn't convince you, I can easily say that it is the best thing i've seen in the whole holiday, and i've seen a lot in this trip.
We're staying in the venetian hotel, and we're definitely in the nicest room we've had for the whole holiday, it's large and comfortable, and doesn't smell like smoke like all the other parts of the hotel. The most interesting part of the venetian is the shopping area, where there is an actual canal in the middle, where you can go on gondola rides, and the roof is made to look like the sky, as if you were actually walking through venice. It looks great as you walk along the canal, looking at the shops, and it's a sudden change as you go into any restaurants or clubs, they are all dark with lit up walls and music, much different to the atmosphere outside.
It occurs to me that this is likely the last post that i'll be able to make, seeing this is the last place we are staying, and the last place where I know I will have access to the internet. Although I am quite sad to see such an excellent trip come to an end, I am also glad to be finally coming home, I have been missing my friends, and my family and would love to see them again. This is probably also the last holiday I will go on with my parents, seeing I will be going to Europe with school next year, and then schoolies after that, and once I leave school I won't be going on holidays with them any more, and it really was an enjoyable final trip to go on with them.
Not many people can say they have done what we have this trip, when we reach Los Angeles, we'll have driven over 5000 miles from the East Coast of the United States to the West Coast. We've gone from the tropics of the Florida keys, to the swamps of the everglades, to the deserts of Texas and the high mountain forests of Arizona, the scenery and the kinds of people we see have changed again and again as we've gone along, and it really has been a spectacular trip which I will remember for many, many years.
We've still got more to see though, tomorrow we'll be going to the Pawn Shop seen in the TV Show "Pawn Stars" (which if you have not seen it, you should have), and Santa Monica in Los Angeles before we get to the Airport for our flight home, I can't wait to see everyone again and tell them all about this long, fantastic holiday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment